Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Training in Full Swing or What?

Well this was the week I was suppose to start training full swing. I was planning to bike outside and really start picking up my training. I wanted to Get focused on June and Tri-Shark. This is a race I have missed the last 2 years. I have a very competitive spirit but coming into this year my competitive vision has not been as strong. I have been seriously considering if I am gonna compete or participate. This has been a serious struggle for me. I have always had a competitive spirit it has been in my blood since I was a little boy. But now it just seems like I have been content to just go thorough the motions. I am not sure if it is the injury to my ankle or this case of bronchitis that has me down over the weekend. What ever the case I have kind of lost my focus for training right now. While I am trying to find my way for this Triathlon season it has left me thinking of how I will face this season. Will I compete or will I just participate is the question I will be asking myself for the next few days.

I think it is funny but there are times in my life I find myself asking the same thing about my Christian walk. Not so much anymore. When I first met my girlfriend Julie we  were not seeking God. But as our relationship started to grow we started to seek Him. We went to a church and we went through the motions. You know get up on Sunday's and go to church and feel good for the moment and then we lived our life until the next Sunday. I now think back to those days and wondered how I could live like that. Craig Groeschel wrote a book  about that very thing called,"The Christian Atheist".

A Christian Atheist is one who believes in God, but lives as if He does not exist. So as God continues to work in my life. I now look back and wondered how I could have lived my life in that way? While I must admit that from where I came (total disobedience) to where I was just a little over year ago was an improvement, but was still Christian Atheism. Ever since God really got a hold of my heart to now I find myself growing closer and closer to Him. Just about the only thing I really know for sure is, that while I am not perfect I believe I am on the right path in my walk for Him. As long as I keep His words in my heart and my mind on Him, He will direct my path. (Prov. 3:5-6)

So while I may not know where I am going on my Triathlon journey one thing is for sure I know my  bike course, and my running path and as long as I keep my sight right on the swim course of Life. He will guide me. As I Stare at Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment