Monday, April 4, 2011

It Is Not How You Start, But How You Finish!

Today is my first day back on the training cycle again. Yet once again it seems like I am asking my self the same old question. With 2 months left before Tri-Shark, the question that I find myself asking do I compete or participate? I know that I am very competitive but the real question is, will I be ready in time? 2 months is not a lot of time to become competitive. My goal will  be to start training so that I will be ready for my last race the North Carolina TTT's in October.

As For my race goals for the Tri-Shark? I always wanted to compete in this race. so I guess I will try to get ready as best as I can. I must remember, it is not the beginning of the season that I am looking forward to it is the End. The North Carolina TTT's. so I guess I may have to wait til next year to compete in Tri-shark then again I just might be ready. June 4th will be the day for me to find out if I am ready or not.

While I was swimming today. I found myself thinking about a conversation I had with My pastor. He and I was talking about how I was saved at 19yrs old, but by the time I was 28 I was off doing my own thing. I then told him how coming to Elevate Church had changed my life. Then I then told him about how I have wasted more of my life on myself than serving Him. I told him how I really felt bad about what I have done. Then my Pastor said this, "Ric you are a Triathlete and you should know this, it is not how you start but how you finish."

This is so true, not only in my Triathlon life as well as my Christian life. It is never how you start but how you finish. As we go through life we see a progression of learning and growing. I hope you will see it is not how I start but how I finish. So while I continue to Stare at Lines, lets see how I finish not how I start.

1 comment:

  1. Hey brother, once again words of wisdom. We are looking forward to the end of the line. We are looking to finish with God. Don't ask what God can do for us, but ask "God, what can I do for you?" You will go farther than you will ever know right now my brother. Les

    ReplyDelete