Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh No!!! Not the Wind Again!

Today I finally got outside on the bike. That is right the bike trainer has no hold on me. It was time for me to hit the open road and let the wind flow through my hair under a bike helmet of course. Oh, wait did I say wind? No I didn't just mentioned that bad 4 letter word? Wind! Oh man. Thats right, this is what happened today. I got out on the open road and started pedaling. Up to the top of the hill down the other side and up another hill. when I finally got to flat ground, I thought wow my winter bike plan was working because I was cruising at 28mph. That was when I realized that I didn't have a winter bike plan. I was injured all winter. Then that is when it hit me this speed I am traveling at is all wind generated. That thought might not seem like allot but  when I turn around I am gonna be heading right back into the wind. The same wind pushing me at break neck speeds is gonna be pushing me to a drastically slow pace.

So while doing my SUFFERFEST bike ride the thought came to mind. That while riding, the wind at my back was pushing me and when the wind was in my face it was holding me back so to speak. It was while I was suffering that I was reminded that in my Christian life if I walk in the Spirit it seems like my life is on cruise control, while not perfect or with out issues ( I have some, OK maybe allot) ,but things just seems to flow real good. Although when I am not in the Spirit but in my Flesh walking my own way. This is when I feel like I am riding against the wind in my Christian life. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit gives power (Acts1:8) gives comfort (John14:16-26) helper (John14:26) and convicts (John16:8-11). You see God has sent His Holy Spirit to work in our lives. He is here to help, lead and move us to grow closer to Him and serve others. He gives us POWER to do the will of God. While we are living in a Spirit Filled lives we will draw closer to Him. While we serve others we draw closer to Him.

So as we allow God to flow through us with His Holy Spirit. (I John 4:13) There is nothing we cannot do for Him. My desire right now is to be like a mirror. I people to see God's Glory reflecting off of me. So when the they see me they see Jesus. I believe this can happen if I let the Holy Spirit flow through me as I continue to Stare At Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment