Monday, April 25, 2011

Cheer or Cry?

While at Elevate Church this past Easter Sunday. I has this thought. If I was back in Jesus time during the Crucifixion would I have Cheered with the crowd or would I have cried? I have thought allot about this over the last 24hrs. I would like to say that I would have cried. I wish I could have said, this is not right, and stood up and tried to do something. I would love to think that I would have stood up for Jesus. In my shame I think I would have to say I would probably be one of the Cheerers.  I think I would have been duped into believing that this Man is Challenging our faith. This Man is trying to convince us He is God. That He is the Truth the Way and the Life. He spends more time with the street people, hookers and thieves, truly He could not be whom He says he is. He never takes the time to hang out with us religious types. I read, study, pray and tithe. Am I not good enough. 

With that being said, Jesus was a trend setter. He question the status quo of Religion of the day. He saw the need to be with the down trodden (poor, sick, blind, lame and deaf) with the outcasts (street people, hookers, thieves and the homeless)  He was more concerned with His Fathers business, than being  popular. He then died for the sins of the world, but staying dead was not His fate. He would rise from the dead. Paying the debt that no one else could pay. While it is hard to believe, Jesus did not only die for those who were crying but for those who were cheering as well. I know it is really hard to believe that while I may have been one of those who would have been cheering, Jesus died for me.

I am so glad I do not have to deal with the thought of, did I made the right choice in cheering or crying. I know, I am His. I am a Child of God through His work on the cross (the shed blood of Jesus) and the fact that the grave could not hold Him and He forgives me. Makes me believe. He is the Son of God! He did heal the blind, deaf, lame, and the sick! He did raise the dead and Feed the 5000. I am so Glad that even though I would have been a cheerer, Jesus still forgives me. Still loves me and will still wants to use me. So even though I would have been a cheerer, because of Jesus Love for me I can now say in hind-sight of course. I AM NOW A CRIER!!!

While this is not my usual type of blog. I just think that sometimes it is good to just reflect on how and what we believe. I think we should ask ourselves how we would have acted if we were there when Jesus walked the earth. While we cannot be there physically we can through His word walk with Him. While we Stare at Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment