Monday, May 16, 2011

The $20 Challenge- I Dare You To Do It!

Have you ever had a burden that just ate at you? Something that you might not have seen before, just when you notice it just grips you? Something you felt strong about but felt powerless in doing? So powerless that you know that it can only happen with God's help? You know you have to do something but other than pray, your just not sure what to do. I always hate the thought that all you can do is pray (like prayer is a hail Mary pass, just hoping it might work), but that is not a bad thing either because God's glory is revealed.

So with that being said, I was praying one day and I got a heavy burden for my 3 sons. So I started praying for them. That God's glory be revealed, and that the love of Jesus be shown to them. I have not been the best father to them. I have made allot of mistakes as a parent. I have left a few scars on their lives. So when God brought me back to Him. I knew my message (of Jesus love) would not be as strong coming from my life right now. So yes, I was left with the hail Mary pass. The ideal of prayer being the last resort was tough pill for me to swallow.

One day my oldest son Raymond and I got into a heated conversation about God. My son wanted God's blessings 1st then he would obey and follow Him, but I kept telling him it doesn't work that way. On my way to work God spoke to me and asked me to remind Raymond that He has blessed Raymond. So as I went to work and came home I had prepared for his phone call. When he called, he had told me how God had reveled Himself to Ray. Praise God for answered prayers!

So one day I took Ray and his Girlfriend (Amanda) and my 2nd Grandson (Remington's) to lunch. I was telling them how they should come to our Easter Experience. In fact I said, you should come since you have nothing to do on Saturday night. They said they would like to come, but with the price of Gas they could not. I said if I give you $20 for gas will you come?  They said, "how can we refuse". They ended up coming and Amanda made some decision for Jesus although I have never asked her yet. I do think it was real because she had that special glow and they come every Sunday they can. What was the most amazing part of this story is that she brought her Mom and little brother. They also planned on coming back again. So my $20 investment in the future lives of my son has brought more rewards, as my Son Raymond says it is amazing how far $20 will go when it comes to eternity.

So this is my $20 challenge. Find someone or ask God to put a burden on someones soul and start praying for them and ask God to do a miracle in their life. Then ask God to give you the wisdom to do something nice for them. Gas money, Dinner, just something, just get them to come to church with you and then afterwards do something nice for them. See how far it takes you. See what God does with you $20 investment. It might not be $20 it could be more it maybe less, but give God a chance to work through you and be a blessing to someones soul. You never know how much it will return. So until next time keep Staring At Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment