Monday, May 23, 2011

A Lesson on Trust

The other day I received a text from my oldest son Raymond (the one I spoke of, about the $20 challenge). the text said. "Do you remember all those talks we had than went something like this, Dad, I want you to trust me. Well Raymond you need to show me you are trust worthy first. Dad, how about you give me some trust and I will show you I am trust worthy? Sorry, Raymond it  doesn't work this way. I just had this same conversation with Izayah (my grandson) very similar, but pertaining to a guitar."

I have often wonder what earthly good does it when you try to speak wisdom to your non listening kids? Or at what point do we start talking like our parents? It is the latter question I want to focus on. How often did we say, "I am never gonna say that to my kids".  Then somehow, someway or sometime we have found the logic in what our parents were trying to teach us. It is kinda weird, but also it is kind of humbling to know I was wrong the whole time. Now I use the knowledge that I was taught and try to share the wisdom with my boys. It is kinda funny, Raymond once told me, "He thought I was the dumbest man on earth, and now I am the smartest man he knows." I am not sure that if the statement is true but this one thing I know I am defiantly my fathers son. Raymond is also his father's son as well.

You could say I am a reflection of my father and my son is a reflection of me. When it comes right down to it. Is that not what we were suppose to do in our Christian walk? Are we not suppose to reflect Jesus in our lives? While other may not get it, or understand it. Hopefully when we are faithful or trustworthy God will bless our lives and others will see it, and they just might get it. They will see and hear what we are saying loud and clear. Trust in the Lord and He will direct your path. (Prov. 3:5) .

As I try to show myself trustworthy to my Father, I will continue to follow Him by Staring at Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment