Monday, May 2, 2011

My Near Death Experience On A Run

The other day while doing my long run. I was enjoying some Hillsong United on my Ipod when I noticed a lady walking her dog. So I did what everyone does when they are running on a sidewalk and someone is walking their man eating Dog. I veered to the right and hope the lady would hold the leash tight and not let her dog attack me. Lucky for me the lady did just that and as the dog ferociously barked at me with the delight of eating me in his eyes I was able to escape the clutches of the jaws of death that would have consumed my leg or my big toe at least. What kind of dog was it you may ask. It was....... well it was a Chihuahua. Yes,  I said it! But it was a man eating Chihuahua. Well he acted as a man-eater!

Now Seriously I never thought the dog would eat me, but I did admire his tenacity in trying to attack me. That dog barked, pulled his masters leash and growled as I ran by. I could not help but realize that I was a giant compared to that little dog. I weigh about 190lbs and the dog maybe a whole 5lbs. I could have stepped on the dog and done major damage to him. But that did not stop that little dog from coming at me as if he was gonna do some damage to my big toe. It was as if the dog had no thought for his safety or his masters safety. But just maybe he was sticking up or standing up for his master.

I tell this story because I want to share with you how we should all learn from this silly dog. Because far to many Christian including myself fail to stand up for God. We do not defend our faith. We do not stand our Ground. We do not stand up to the Goliath's in our lives. We do not speak in defence of the Gospel. We don't take a stand when the people we work with blaspheme our God. I am not saying to act ignorant but just like that little dog. We should be willing to defend the Living God who gave so much for us. I think we are so scared to stand up and be noticed as a child of God because we do not want anyone to hate us. But God says if we love Him people will hate us. Now how or why they hate us should be for the right reasons. If you act like a jerk in your defence then you are wrong and they should hate you. Now if you give a defence in love and not with a judgemental spirit that God be glorified then we are being hated for the right reasons. Remember God commands us to Love Him with our whole heart, soul and mind and then to Love our neighbour's as our selves. Just like that little dog we should be tenacious about our faith, we should stand our ground and most of all we should defend our God not because He cannot but because He would want us To.

So as this little dog has challenged me I want to challenge you to be strong stand up for Jesus and be counted as one of His children. I will stand and I hope you follow as we Stare At Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment